Monday, September 9, 2013

Envy and Noses

Certain emotions are absolutely unbelievable don't you think?
As a constant evolving and adapting species you think we'd grow out of them.
But no,
I believe they are there for a reason.

It's somewhat selfish of me not to recognize that Denver had a life before me. It's unfair that I get jealous or uninterested when he brings it up. I can't control those emotions though, I was given the ability to have them for a reason and I need to accept that. I also need to accept that other people pressed their noses up to Denver's tank and appreciated his sapphire fins.
I'm sure he's accepted that I had other fish before him too,
so who am I to act spiteful?
I need to accept that I'm not Denver's actual birth-mother and that he has every right to say "you can't tell me what to do."

I still give him his bloodworm treats though since I'm a pushover.


And now I'm thinking about how my innocent yet exotic companion might have had heartbreak and fights with those other Petco customers with their smashed noses crushed against his home. That might be why he wasn't purchased until he met me. Perhaps it was fate, and along with my inexplicable emotions it all occurred for a reason. Maybe the person who would have walked past after me would have pressed his nose a little to hard on his tank and knocked poor Denver's home off the shelf.
Thank God that did not happen.
And now I'm wondering if it's possible to talk to your fish too much.
Thanks for sticking around buddy.

See you,

-A&D

No comments:

Post a Comment