Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Discovering Denver

This is about Denver. My new fish companion.
Let me tell you, we hit it right off the bat.
I had spent nearly a half hour at Petco looking for my new adam's ale cohort. Originally I had picked this glossy white betta with creepy black eyes. But then I walked past this sapphire beauty and my heart just stopped. This was the one. I spent $14.99 on the creature.

 I think it's because he's some sort of bigwig paladin or something.

I assume Denver is somewhat happy now, seeing as how when I got him he was originally living in a container no bigger than an empty can of beef ravioli. But who knows, maybe the close proximity was a comfort for him and now he is overwhelmed by all the excess fish bowl not being used. Maybe I'll find Denver a lady friend. I'm actually not sure of bettas or their sexual orientation. I hear they kill eachother a lot.
I like to think that if some sub-aquatic gladiator fish tournament happened my little guy would be vicious.

Perhaps I'll get him a pirate toy or something.
Someone he can talk to like I talk to him. Maybe he is talking to me and I just don't understand him and he doesn't understand me and we're both just sort of comforted by the idea of someone listening.
It's only a glass bowl  between us. A tangible material that can shatter at any moment.
But I just tossed my last can of ravioli so I'd prefer Denver to live here.


I'll keep this first post short. But Denver and I have some great conversations to share if you're willing to listen to the watery stories of an orphaned fish and his fleshy human friend.

See you.

A & D.

No comments:

Post a Comment