Monday, November 4, 2013

Simplicity.

I'm told that I'm smart. That I have potential.
That I'm the one in the family that will have the success story.

"You're going to make it big."

"You're going places."


You could imagine what it was like,
when I told those excited voices that I was going to be an art major.

But all that didn't plan out because I'm too impatient.

You could imagine what it was like,
when I told them that I was changing my major to communications.

"Thank God."

So now what? This is the mystical gooey land of opportunity. I'm going to the most prominent and  shiveringly expensive school in the state. But I just don't know what the hell to do with all these gift baskets and lucky charms.

...I really only picked communications because the only other major more generic than that is a business degree. And I just can't handle macroeconomics.

I feel like I used to be so much more profound, deep, and knowledgeable of myself. Now I feel like these words are empty shells of their potential.

"Remind you of someone?"

Don't think I'm being hard on myself. This is just how I think through things.
I'm critical, I'm cynical and I may be even just a little bit crazy. 

"I don't believe in using insanity as an excuse."

I don't let it define me. Change me. Or even really effect me.
I either allow it to make me better or suffocate it till it can't even breathe annoying shallow breaths anymore.

"That'll show you."


My darling Muse is off exploring the world.  Probably in Poland or something trying to culture herself. She still writes and stays in touch, but it's not how it used to be. Not really.

Not like how she used to latch herself onto my back and constantly whisper pretty words for me to scribble down and show the world then take all the credit.
"Because I'm selfish like that."

My Muse obviously got restless though and needed to stretch her legs. Felt inclined to see a cobblestone path or maybe an Eiffel Tower or two.

Remember how this blog was supposed to be about Denver? And how I said I would write his story next time?

"I Lied."


See you,

-A&D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment